Thursday 18 June 2015

Blame.

There are a few reasons behind the little metal men mania that has now engulfed me and one of the bigger ones is Mark "Frocker" Hewitt who I've mentioned previously.
 
I've known Mark through the world of grown men riding skateboards for years. Some may say this is another attempt to reclaim youth, in a sense yes but mainly no - we've never stopped, it's just something that pretty much everyone I know do (badly in my case).

Mr Frocku boardsliding many moons ago in Bristol

 Skateboarding has made me lucky enough to go on a few trips and hang out with Mark and his love of Warhammer and little men painting finally came out (probably during a chat whilst drunk on German beer) on one of these.
 
And he's good at it, really, really good. Don't believe me - check his blog out here or the interview on the Corehammer blog here.
 
This chat led to Mark becoming the recipient of a big box of miniatures I dug out from the depths of my garage. The old "I've got a few things stashed away from when I used to do that" conversation. The level of stoke he had when he opened it really spurred me on to get back into the hobby. Mark's pretty amped on everything anyways (even if he is one of those gothic types) but even this seemed a new level of excitement.
 
So thanks Frock you lovely man you, for re-igniting my nerd cells and I sincerely hope we can get together and have a proper geek out soon.

2 comments:

  1. Haha - you never told me you were doing this!! Well hyped (with vague feelings of guilt) that you're attacking stuff again. Let's sack off DLH fun day and get some painting done instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel guilty dude - it's a good thing!

    We could always go to Bristol Independent Gaming and book a table if it rains haha. Is that more punk rock than actually going to Deaner Day?

    ReplyDelete